January 15, 2011

Conclusion done! + Work Cited

Working on with the written document, I have complete one part of it. Here is a draft of my conclusion.

"Conclusion
My original goal has been accomplished around 90%. My goal was to create awareness for teens to live a healthy life in a form of a book. From the question ‘Do you think the book impact/increase the awareness to live a healthy life for you?’ is a way for me to measure the success of my goal because making someone to change takes time. However, the survey result had proven me that majority of them thinks that the book will affect the readers.

AOI
The chance given to me to complete personal project had made me feel more thankful and glad with the life that I’m having right now. The question “How do I think and act?” is now answered in the fact that I realized to be thankful in any circumstance that I am in. I learn to have the sense of care for others and want them to stay healthy because I understand that once we are not healthy, it is not easy for us to get back to a perfect health condition. I can also answer the question “How am I changing?” because I have create something to show how I care for others to stay healthy in a form of a book that shows information about healthy life specifically on food, drinks, sports, and sleeping. Presenting the book to my target audience is a further action that I have because by reading the book and answering the questionnaires, shows that I’m making the book with a purpose. The knowledge that I got help in to answer the question “How can I look after myself and others?”. Majority of my target audience proven me that I have successfully deliver the message and show how I can look after others. As I become more aware, I can protect myself better to do three important things; eat, sleep, and exercise because not all teens complete these three category.

Improvement
I felt quite satisfied after finding the imputes from my target audience. Looking through their comments, I realize that I should make some adjustments with the template, font usage and the colors that I choose for the book so that it is easier for them to read the content. In the future, I would have to get wider range of people to see my book so that I would know how teens in general feels, not only in a community that I am in. Therefore, next time I would need to think about who will read it. If I use English language, I would have to use simple vocabulary words or not I would have to use translation version of the book. I believe that my book will influence a lot of people if I distributed them or even publish it.

Inspiration
From doing this personal project, I found out that it is a challenge to create a book, specifically on designing and deciding what to put inside it. I determine that the use of design in each page affect on how the information is deliver to the readers. Now I have a tendency towards authors because now I understood that creating a book is not simple and takes a lot of time."

Other than that, here is the work cited that I have..

Work Cited
"BBC - Health: Healthy Eating for Teenagers." BBC - Homepage. Web. 18 Aug. 2010. .

Facebook. Web. 10 Aug. 2010. .

"Food Standards Agency - Eat Well, Be Well - Sport and Exercise." Food Standards Agency - Eat Well, Be Well - Eatwell. Web. 23 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "A Guide to Eating for Sports." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Nov. 2008. Web. 20 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "How Much Food Should I Eat?" KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Feb. 2009. Web. 19 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "Smart Snacking." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. May 2009. Web. 19 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "Staying at a Healthy Weight." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Feb. 2009. Web. 25 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "Vitamins and Minerals." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Oct. 2009. Web. 31 Aug. 2010. .

Gavin, Mary L. "Why Exercise Is Wise." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Feb. 2009. Web. 23 Aug. 2010. .

Hamilton, Gordon. "What Attributes Make a Good Book? - by Gordon Hamilton - Helium." Helium - Where Knowledge Rules. Web. 22 Sept. 2010. .

"Healthy Eating For Teenagers." Weight Loss Diet Program, FREE Diet Advice! Weight Loss Diets, Low Carb Plan. Web. 18 Aug. 2010. .

"Healthy Eating." Center for Young Women's Health. Web. 17 Aug. 2010. .

Locke, Jennifer. "What Attributes Make a Good Book? - by Jennifer Locke - Helium." Helium - Where Knowledge Rules. Web. 22 Sept. 2010. .

Margolin, Lisa. "Healthy Eating Tips for Teens." Food Allergy, Food Sensitivity, IBS, Skin Rashes, Candida, Headaches, Atkins, South Beach Diets. Web. 31 Aug. 2010. .

Morgan, Brittany L. "What Attributes Make a Good Book? - by Brittany L. Morgan - Page 2 - Helium." Helium - Where Knowledge Rules. Web. 22 Sept. 2010. .

Paul, Maya W. "Nutrition for Children and Teens: Developing Healthy Eating Habits." Helpguide.org: Understand, Prevent and Resolve Life's Challenges. Web. 18 Aug. 2010. .

Rosmala, Zizi. Menu Sehat Sesuai Golongan Darah. Jakarta: Puspa Swara, 2007. Print.

"Sarapan = Memulai Hari Dengan Baik." Sastika Fit May 2000: 81. Print.

Simanjuntak, Alex. Healthy life Jessica Margaretha. 2 September 2010

Stehl, Meredith Lutz. "Emotional Eating." KidsHealth - the Web's Most Visited Site about Children's Health. Feb. 2010. Web. 19 Aug. 2010. .

"Teen Health - Health Topics - Healthy Eating." CYH Home - Home. Web. 17 Aug. 2010. .

"Waspadai Dehidrasi." Saji 1 - 14 Sept. 2010, 190th ed., Hidup Sehat sec.: 10. Print.

"YouTube - Dr. Breus on Teens and Sleep Deprivation." YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. 25 Mar. 2007. Web. 22 Aug. 2010. .

No comments:

Post a Comment